Wax Treatments – The Longer-lasting Temporary Solution to Hair Removal
Whilst other temporary hair removal methods result in unsightly and spiky stubble appearing almost instantly, waxing leaves skin silky smooth and hair free for a considerably longer period of time, making
waxing the longest lasting temporary hair removal solution.
Waxing is a very effective method, which is capable of achieving excellent results, over any area, almost immediately. It can be performed either at
home with a DIY waxing kit, or in a beauty salon by an expert.
Whilst the technique is essentially the same, the wax can be applied either hot or cold. The results differ slightly depending on the temperature
of the wax. Either way, waxing is a notoriously painful method of hair removal, leaving the more squeamish to soldier on with other methods, such as shaving and depilatory creams.
If you are willing to brave
the pain, the unique benefits waxing unwanted hair from the skin are enough to make many women, and some men, to become regular waxing warriors.
How Hot Wax Works
Removing excess body hair with hot wax has been used for centuries and has been formulated with the same ingredients for generations. Both hot and cold waxes consist of either beeswax or paraffin resin.
wax is melted and applied to the skin with a plastic spatula. It is left to cool for several minutes with a cloth on top of the wax so it can be removed. Whilst the wax becomes cooler it moulds itself around
the hair follicles, gripping them firmly.
Once the wax has completely cooled and become tacky in texture, the skin is pulled taut in the opposite direction to the way the cloth is to be removed. The cloth is
then pulled quickly and sharply in an upwards direction and the hair is ripped from the skin by the roots, leaving skin smooth, hairless and sore!
The Advantages of Waxing
• Unlike other temporary and permanent hair removal methods, both small and large areas of hair can be removed with hot wax. Simply cover the area with wax and use a bigger piece of cloth to remove
larger clumps of hair.
• Some hair removal techniques are only effective on certain hair colors, textures and types of skin. Waxing is not so discriminating and will remove any shade and consistency of hair from all types
of skin. Waxing works equally on the finer hair typically found on the upper lip, as it does on the coarser hair typically found on the bikini line.
• The biggest advantage waxing has over all other types of temporary hair removal is that the hair takes considerably longer to grow back. Although the rate of re-growth can vary between each
individual and the efficiency of how the procedure was carried out, typically no hair begins to reappear for over a week – a pleasant relief compared to the unsightly stubble which starts to emerge almost
immediately after shaving.
• If the hair is waxed often enough it can weaken the follicle and cause permanent loss of hair.
• Because waxing is such a popular and effective method of hair removal, it is widely available at nearly all beautician salons and also comes available in do it yourself home kits.
• Although the price varies a great deal between salons and the area being waxed, it is a relatively cheap method of hair removal, which does not require a large amount of money being handed over in
one go. The average price of an upper lip wax is approximately $12, whilst half a leg wax will cost nearer $25.
• The wax does not just remove the hair at the root but it also exfoliates the skin, providing for ultra smooth and silky skin.
• Potential side effects are relatively minimal with wax.
• Waxing can be performed on practically all areas of the body.
Continue reading ...