Hair Straightening with KeraStraight
Step by Step Instructions:
1. The model has naturally curly hair that requires daily straightening. She also has some highlights scattered throughout her hair.
2. First of all the hair is gently cleansed with the deep penetrating KeraStraight Pre-Treatment Shampoo to open up the hair shaft and soften the hair in readiness for the treatment.
3. Once rinsed, the hair is dried with a medium heat to remove all of the moisture.
5. It’s essential to ensure that the hair is thoroughly dampened. Underapplication may create a less even result. Porous hair can over-absorb the treatment, so more may be required. Development time is not normally necessary, unless the hair is virgin, very curly or resistant. In these instances a 20-minute development time is required.
6. The KeraStraight treatment is blow-dried into the hair, ensuring that the hair is completely dry prior to the next step. Blow-drying takes a little longer than normal, given that there’s treatment on the hair, but stay on a medium setting. Using a paddle brush helps to produce a completely dry finish.
7. With the ceramic flat iron set at 230° begin at the nape by taking hair sections of between 0.5 and 1cm in thickness and ironing each 7-10 times to ensure the keratin is locked into the hair. Begin by moving the iron through the hair quickly. Do not let the iron pause on the hair, but move down the hair shaft consistently.
8. By using the KeraStraight Easy Comb, the iron can be placed right to the root, while protecting the client’s scalp and the hairdressers’ hands, to ensure perfect silky, straight hair.
9. The finished result is beautifully conditioned, healthy and shiny, straight hair, which can be kept salon perfect by the client with the refreshingly simple regime of KeraStraight Straight Maintain Shampoo and Conditioner.
Hair: Angelo Seminara, International Creative Director for Trevor Sorbie Salons for KeraStraight
Technical Application: Nathan Walker, International Technical Director for Trevor Sorbie Salons for KeraStraight
Photography: Desmond Murray
Makeup: Cheryl Phelps Gardner
Styling: Bernard Connelly