Flash Wave

Permed hair
Photo: Maxim Ahner/Shutterstock
Q: I had a "Flash Wave" done at a salon last year and now I am unable to find anyone that knows what this is. I have called all around, and I can't find anyone that knows what it is. From what I understand, it is almost the same process as a perm, but just a different technique to administering the solution to the rods. It makes it so it lasts only about 4-6 months and during that time, you can still wear your hair straight (if you blow dry/use a flat iron).
I believe that instead of administering solution to the entire rod, it is only done on parts of the rod, and some rods more then others. It gives to look/feel of naturally curly hair (without the 80's frizzy perm look). Is there just a different term other than FLASH WAVE? Does anyone know what this is, so I can go to my new hair salon and have this done? Please let me know if you have anything like this? Thank you!

A: The "Flash Wave" or "Flash Perm" you had is actually a specifically formulated perming process. It is made by the Eufora Company and contains aloe vera and other buffering agents to make for a gentle, natural-looking curl.
Your best option is going to be to speak with your local salon/stylist about contacting the Eufora Company (their website has contact information for all of the distributors who carry their products in the U.S. and Canada) and arranging to get the "Flash Wave" product for their salon.
If this doesn't work for you, visit the Eufora website and look for the distributor nearest your area and contact them about salons near you that offer Eufora products and services.
See also: Perms and perming hair