Prom Styles for Curly HairIts prom season again!
With the formal fun also comes the excitement of what to wear, who to go with and most importantly ... HOW TO ACCENTUATE YOUR CURLY HAIR!
One might imagine the girl at prom with the curly hair style that just did not work, or the girl who tried to straighten her curls, on a rainy night, and was left with a big frizzy mess. To avoid such catastrophes this year here is an alternative.
Solutions for beautiful hair from www.strictlycurls.com:
• Do it yourself! It is possible!
• The first thing to remember is to make your curls look the best they can BEFORE you begin styling an up-do. Use a product that will define your curls as well as maintaining soft and manageable ease.
• Apply the product evenly throughout the base of your scalp to the tips to ensure coverage and to control frizz.
• Dry hair completely. Defuse your curls to get the desired curl then let it air dry while you apply your make up. Follow up with the diffuser again to make sure your hair is dry and ensure the curl doesn’t relax too much. Gravity has been known to relax curl. Give you hair a little boost with the diffuser just before you put it up if you want to enhance your curls.
• Up-Do’s: Bobby pins are a great way to achieve most any style. Ensure the closest match to the color of your hair. Also, there are different sizes for each hair density and the heavier pin should match a heavier hair. When inserting the bobby pin, place under the hair showing as little of the pin as possible.
• Have your illustration of your selected style for reference throughout the process.
• When working with curly hair, try not to over manipulate. If you pull your curls apart too much, the end result will require additional curling iron attention for a
It’s always fun to do hair with friends! So, get a group of your friends together, have a girls night out and practice, but most important, have fun! It might take a couple of attempts to get it right but make sure you take a picture of your style and write down the “how to’s“. So, the night of the dance your style will be easy to duplicate.
Take a deep breath, smile and tame your tresses!
Click here for instructions.
To learn more about styling curly hair, check out www.strictlycurls.com. A new book with 14 different looks to style curly hair up, tips on bobby pinning and utilizing accessories. A great resource for curly girls to draw upon day after day!
Article by: Nicole Siri
Photo by: Jenny Schomaker