The Guide to Wearing HeelsHigh heels have been popular feminine obsession for as long as we can remember and for good reasons too. Heels are sexy, stylish and are an epitome of all things feminine. They add a good few centimeters to your height and alter your centre of gravity (i.e. the thin long heels) in such a way that it gives an impression of slimness.
Suddenly those shapely legs look heavenly, and those hips begin swaying invitingly like they never did before. They create an aura of invincible sophistication around you, filling you with some serious sexy confidence. That’s what a pair of heels can do and that’s why they are an indispensable part of your wardrobe.
Let us first find out the different types of heels available in the market. From pumps, booties to stilettos, you have an amazing multitude of heels to suit your needs and tastes. For the sake of simplicity I have divided the most commonly available heels into 5 broad categories.
• These are the super heels, the ultra glamorous ones, and the longest, the thinnest and perhaps the sassiest available.
• But it takes some degree of skill and practice to walk comfortably and confidently in them, it’s very easy for a novice to take a tumble on the very first step.
• Mind you, they are not everyone’s cup of tea, for they can cause unbearable pain. Once you wear them it’s quite possible that you will hate them!
• Stilettos with short skirts and short dresses are a perfect recipe for a glam evening.
• These are also long heels but the difference from stilettos being that they have a wider base, which makes it easier to walk.
• In terms of matching with outfits, they are a tad more versatile than the stilettos as they would work well with most outfits.
• They are a much more prudent option if you are already blessed with a great height or if you don’t want to risk your feet and legs.
• The low heels go very well with most dresses, depending on their design and structure.
• They are great as office wear.
• These are perhaps the most comfortable ones available. They give the same effect with height; however, the whole foot is evenly supported.
• They might not have the glam appeal of stilettos but they are lot safer and comfortable.
• Platforms with jeans are a match made in heaven.
How to choose the right heels for your feet
• When selecting a pair of heels, remember they should match the shape and size of your legs as much as the length and color of your dress.
• If you have rather thick legs, then go for wide base heels as they lend a feel of slimness to your legs. Stilettos would make your legs seem out of proportion.