High heels have been popular feminine obsession for as long as we can remember and for good reasons too. Heels are sexy, stylish and
are an epitome of all things feminine. They add a good few centimeters to your height and alter your centre of gravity (i.e. the thin
long heels) in such a way that it gives an impression of slimness. Suddenly those shapely legs look heavenly, and those hips begin
swaying invitingly like they never did before. They create an aura of invincible sophistication around you, filling you with some
serious sexy confidence. Thatís what a pair of heels can do and thatís why they are an indispensable part of your wardrobe.
Let us first find out the different types of heels available in the market. From pumps, booties to stilettos, you have an amazing
multitude of heels to suit your needs and tastes. For the sake of simplicity I have divided the most commonly available heels into 5
• These are the super heels, the ultra glamorous ones, and the longest, the
thinnest and perhaps the sassiest available.
• But it takes some degree of skill and practice to walk comfortably and confidently
in them, itís very easy for a novice to take a tumble on the very first step.
• Mind you, they are not everyoneís cup of tea, for they can cause unbearable pain.
Once you wear them itís quite possible that you will hate them!
• Stilettos with short skirts and short dresses are a perfect recipe for a glam
• These are also long heels but the difference from stilettos being that they have a
wider base, which makes it easier to walk.
• In terms of matching with outfits, they are a tad more versatile than the stilettos
as they would work well with most outfits.
• They are a much more prudent option if you are already blessed with a great
height or if you donít want to risk your feet and legs.
• The low heels go very well with most dresses, depending on their design and
• They are great as office wear.
• These are perhaps the most comfortable ones available. They give the same
effect with height; however, the whole foot is evenly supported.
• They might not have the glam appeal of stilettos but they are lot safer
• Platforms with jeans are a match made in heaven!
How to choose the right heels for your feet
• When selecting a pair of heels, remember they should match the shape and size
of your legs as much as the length and color of your dress.
• If you have rather thick legs, then go for wide base heels as they lend a feel of
slimness to your legs. Stilettos would make your legs seem out of proportion.
• Pick the shoe according to the occasion. Need to dance, then go for something
with straps. Walking on grass, means stilettos are out and wedge heels or