Itís not surprising how many men think that a purse is nothing more than a sack where the ladies keep all their junk. Pity their
ignorance and donít let yourself be fooled by it. For any fashionista worth her fashion sense,
the purse is as inextricably attached
to her looks as her outfit itself. Not only that, an innocent looking purse could have some inexplicable mysterious powers that would
completely alter your looks. From fun bags to stylish and luxurious hand bags thereís a plethora of choices that await you. Important
thing is to match the purse with your outfit, occasion and even the body type.
Some popular shapes of purses
Tote - A strapped open shaped bag. Hobo bag - A shoulder bag which is normally crescent-shaped. Clutch - It could either be a small handheld or slightly larger tucked under arm. Satchel - A larger handheld bag. Messenger- A shoulder bag with long straps generally worn across the body. Pouch - A small bag.
These are just a few popular ones out of the many commonly available ones.
What keep in mind before you buy a purse?
• Are you buying the purse for a particular occasion or is it for normal everyday
use, or maybe it is for office.
• In general styles meant for work should be nothing flashy, more on the practical
and efficient side.
• Whereas the ones meant for evening occasions should be elegant, stylish types.
• For a night out at pub or disco something small, trendy or flashy could be
appropriate, depending on the outfit you are wearing.
• Black, brown and grey are some of the universal colors for a purse and can go
well with most outfits.
• However, if you want to experiment try adding a splash of colors to your bag and
it might just jazz up your look.
• On the other hand, bright colored bags like in red could break the monotony of
your monochromatic dress.
• What purpose will your bag serve? Is it just a fashion accessory or does it have
• If you have lots of stuff to tale care of, then its better to go for a bigger hand
• Also, the shape and size of the purse would depend on your own shape and size,
to be explained later.