1. Thick hair needs regular service – by a good professional – to look its very
best. Be sure to schedule regular salon appointments.
2. Choose hairstyles that feature long layers cut into the hair. This will minimize the
amount of bulk and help you have a smoother look.
3. Keep an eye out for split ends and keep them tended to. Left unchecked they
will only leave your hair looking frizzed and messy.
The biggest complaint heard from women with naturally curly hair is about frizz and lack of
control. Naturally curly hair can be the most beautiful thing imaginable, or the biggest nightmare you’ve ever experienced. Here are
some tips for taming your twisting tresses:
1. Condition, condition, condition. Oh, did I mention to condition your curls?
Keeping the curls well moisturized and conditioned will keep them looking
smooth and healthy and make the hair more manageable.
2. Keep a hands-off approach to your curls. Don’t touch your hair until it’s nearly
completely dry. Allow the hair to air dry (or use a diffuser on your hair dryer if
necessary) to keep frizz to a minimum. Style the hair using your fingers to
arrange the hair as you desire.
3. Set your curls by using a shot of cool air from your hair dryer, and smooth
away frizz and fly-away strands by using a touch of serum, oil or crème on
your fingers and running them through the curls.