• With shorter skirts, high heeled sandals or boots are great. Boots are not an ideal
choice with long dresses as the dress would hide most of the boot.
• Forget about stilettos if you have to walk long distances or remain standing for
long periods of time. Use them for occasions like a dinner at a classy place,
where you will be sitting for most of the time.
Few tips about walking in high heels:
• Practice makes you perfect. Practice in the privacy of your home and donít step
out until you are confident enough.
• Watch out for the land mines! Yes, when you are in high heels itís a mine field
around you. Smallest of pebbles, pot holes, boardwalks etc can be your tripping
• The balls of the feet should be used while climbing or descending from the stairs.
• Donít be overconfident and always keep a pair of flats handy, in case your feet
start screaming for help!
A word of caution
• Doctors do not recommend high heels for a prolonged period of time. They put
immense pressure on the nerves and blood vessels in your feet and legs.
• A regular and indiscriminate use of high heels is known to cause spinal problems.
• Numerous other blood and back related problems might arise if you are not
careful and prudent in use of high heels.
The key is to use the correct length of heel that you feel most comfortable in and to use it sparingly and for shorter periods of time.
So go ahead and put your sexiest foot forward. Heels are wonderful tools to jazz up your looks. All that is needed is a bit of
restraint and commonsense. Play safe!