Gladiator sandals are back with a bang and the buzz is that they are going to be the hottest style this summer. Inspired by the
Greco-Roman theme, these sandals have been part of the runway for quite some time now. They have now entered the mainstream with
designers making them more flattering and diverse.
So if you loved those sandals and wanted a pair of your own for a long time, then go grab them this summer. But before you jump up
and grab just any pair of gladiator sandals, let me warn you that you need to be careful while choosing the right kind for you.
Though gladiator sandals are oozing all kinds of stylish, they do unfortunately also have the quality of making one look shorter
than they really are and if you choose the wrong one, then you might end up looking stumpy.
How to Find the Best Pair of Gladiator Sandals for You
1. Avoid knee-length gladiators unless you are blessed with a model’s height of 5’10” plus. Also if you have the
height but thin legs, then knee-length gladiators will make your legs look thinner.
2. If you have the figure to go for knee-length gladiators, then opt for those which have delicate and feminine
detailing and complements the length of your legs.
3. For most of us other folk not blessed with model-like bodies, go for short gladiator sandals that have thinner
straps that go around the lower part of your ankle. These thin straps covering only the lowest part of your ankle will not make you
look shorter than you really are.
4. It is best to avoid flats in gladiators. Opt for higher heels as they will make your legs look long and more
flattering. But if you want to sport a casual look, then wear a flat heeled gladiator with thin straps going around the lowest part of your ankle.
5. Avoid gladiators with thick straps. Even a short gladiator with thick detailing can make you look stumpy.
6. If you have heavier legs, then you should go for short gladiators with high heels and ankle-skimming straps. Also
remember to go for gladiators that have lesser straps to go around your ankle otherwise they will make you look stockier. Consider
going for metallic colours rather than browns and blacks, which will always end up making your legs look thicker.
How to Wear Gladiator Sandals the Right Way
1. The most important thing to do before you slip into a pair of gladiator sandal is to have a pedicure.
2. To create an aura of a Grecian goddess, match a pair of short gladiators with small heels and thin straps with
drapy Grecian gowns and toga dresses. These will add that extra oomph on those special occasions.
3. You can also match flat short gladiator sandals with slim-fit jeans. If you have bought a chunkier style, then
you can wear them with your regular jeans and pants to look fabulous.