The Complete Guide to Buying a CoatCoats are one of the most expensive winter and fall investments for your wardrobe and you would like to buy the right kind of coats that will not only flatter your beauty, but also be right for the occasion. And yes, you will need some different coats for different occasions.
Here are some tips that will guide you to choose perfect coats for yourself.
I. Everyday Coat
If you live in very cold climate, then you will require coats that you have to use everyday. Your everyday coat needs to be versatile so that you can wear them with your every day outfits. Decide if you want a casual or a dressy everyday coat depending on your schedule.
• Leather Coats: Leather coats are perfect for everyday wear. They are durable and versatile enough to go with your everyday wear. Go for a close-fit long leather coat, but remember that your coat needs to have enough space for layers of inner clothing. If you want to have fun with your leather coat, then go for distressed leather coats, which will give you a rugged and tough look.
• Wool Coats: Wool coats are another good option for everyday wear as they are warm, durable, and don't absorb moisture very quickly. Wool coats come in different styles and colors and you can have your pick. A neutral colored coat will go well with all the different colored clothes in your wardrobe. If you wear a lot of neutral colored dresses, then go for a bright colored woolen coat, like red, yellow, etc. This will add that punch and brightness required during those cold months.
II. Evening Coat
I am sure you would not like to wear your everyday coat for your evenings. So you would require a coat to dazzle up your evenings and add glamour to your evening outfit and at the same time keep you warm. Buying any of the below can be a good idea.
• Faux Fur Coats: These coats are a good choice if you want to give a classic look. With its soft and luxurious feel, these coats add glamour to your outfit.
• Wool Blended Coats: Wool coats also give a very classy look. As they come in long length style, they are perfect to wear on dresses. To add to the glamour of your wool coat, look for cashmere blended ones.
III. Weekend Coats
Reserve a winter coat for your weekends, when you are running errands, or relaxing with your friends and family. For weekends, you would require a coat which is comfortable as well as goes with your weekend attire.
• Shearling and Suede Coats: Suede coats are perfect for those weekends
where you need to look a little dressed up and at the same time give a casual look. But remember that water is harmful for suede coats as they leave stains. So avoid wearing them in rain and snow.
• Parkas and Down Coats: Both down coats and parkas give a sporty look that is perfect for a weekend. They are available in various colors and they need not necessarily match with your outfit on a weekend. These are also good for outdoors and you don't have to worry about rain or snow.